Jonathan is a 19 year old man who, like most people his age, has many life experiences that he has yet to have the opportunity explore. Jonathan has been working his way to increased independence with the support of Thorndale staff through one on one skill building and group activities.
Jonathan’s Goals are to learn how to:
- Use the mobile phone, how to text
- Understand the value of money, go shopping and pay for my items
- To get money out of the bank
- Live independently
- How to stay safe when I am home alone, and who to let in the door.
- How to cross roads safely, especially in areas where there are no traffic lights or pedestrian crossings
- How to communicate confidently
- Use public transport
In the 7 months since Jonathan received his NDIS Approved Plan, he has achieved many of his goals. His confidence and independence has increased immensely.